This is a listing of Transport Canada marine certificates. Each page will have a brief description of the license, and links to the requirements and examinations called for to attain the certificate.

This is a work in progress, and licenses will be added as our pages are finished. Please be patient and feel free to call or email the store if you have any questions at all.

Deck Certificates:

Master 500 Gross Tonnage, Near Coastal

Master 150 Gross Tonnage, Domestic

Master Limited Over 60 Gross Tonnage

Watchkeeping Mate (WKM)

Chief Mate 150 Gross Tonnage, Domestic

Chief Mate Limited

Bridge Watch Rating (BWR)

Engineering Certificates:

Small Vessel Machinery Operator

2 thoughts on “Certificates

  1. I am looking to take my fishing master class IV and was wondering what i needed to study? What link is most suited to my goal?

    1. Hi Brett,

      As per the Marine Personnel Regulations, a Fishing Master IV certificate requires: Navigation Safety Level 1, Chartwork & Pilotage Level 1, and Ship Construction and Stabililty Level 1.

      NS1 and CP1 are covered on the Exams page of our Study Guide: https://www.nauticalmind.com/blog/transport-canada-exam-guide/exams/

      Ship Construction and Stability Level 1 can be found in TP2293, Chapter 24.5. The texts listed on our website under SCS3 will cover anything on the SCS1 syllabus.

      Hope this helps.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *